Drew is doing great after having the herniated disk removed. The doctor said that he would probably have a couple of bad days but that never happened. The incision is healing nicely and Drew will be going back to work next week. He will go back to the doctor in 6 weeks for a check up. For better or worse he has started pushing himself more then he probably should. Hopefully he will not hurt himself again.
When he was filling out the paper work for surgery they identified that he was as risk for sleep apnea which I have suspected that he has for awhile now. Anyway he went in for a sleep study last night and he does indeed have sleep apnea. When I talked to him this morning he said that the techs told him that he stopped breathing over 40 times per hour when he was on his back. Now we just have to wait and see what the doctor wants to do. I assume they will want to put him on a sleep machine so that he does not spot breathing quite as much. I think that it would be good but Drew does not like the idea.
Mom and Dad came up to visit this weekend. They watched Emma for us Saturday night and Drew and I went out to a movie and to eat. It was really nice being able to spend some time together just the two of us and Mom and Dad had fun with Emma. It was really nice to visit with them.
Now for the title of this post. Emma has definitely reached the Terrible Two stage. She is very stubborn and when she does not want to do something she is quick to let us know. She is getting very good at pitching fits and at least once a week she gets in trouble at the babysitter for hitting or pulling hair. Yesterday after mom and dad left she was back in our closet and when I told her that it was time to get out she refused. I told her that if she did not go out into the living room I would put her in timeout for not listening. She did not listen so I picked her up and told her she was going in timeout. What did she do? She slapped me across the face. For that I gave her a little tap on the hand and she went into timeout for longer then she would have for just not listening. I having a feeling we are going to have our hands full.
Christmas with the Sander's
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment