Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Rest in Peace Jessie

As everyone probably knows Jessie had not been in the best of health for some time. She was mostly deaf, blind, and very arthritic. Not extremely surprising seeing as how she was around 16 years old. Here recently she started to have trouble controlling her bowels so it was decided that it was time to put her down. I could not bring myself to do it so Vince said that he would take her to the vet and then bury her with their family pets. We waited until Barbara and I were both able to make it home to see her and say goodbye.

While we were in Evansville Saturday Vince and Drew took Jessie to the vet one last time and then to her final resting place. I will be forever thankfull to them because I honestly do not think that I could have gotten through it.

To a great friend I hope you are in heaven now enjoying the return of your health.

1 comment:

AG BOEGLIN said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Jessie! We have lost three of our dogs, since Alvin and I have been married, so I know how hard it is to say good-bye to them. Just remember that she is in a better place now, free from any pain!