Monday, March 3, 2014

Swim Lessons and Ear Piercing

We signed Emma up for swim lessons as a way to get some energy out this winter.  She really enjoyed them and I believe that she learned quite a bit.  This was the first set of lessons without Drew or I in the pool with her and she was a little hesitant the first lesson but once she met her 2 classmates and the teacher she was gone. 

I'm not exactly sure what they did in the shallow part of the pool but this is where they started out each time. Emma is the one standing up.
 Practicing their strokes before getting in the water.  Emma is the one on the left.
 Swimming the short length of the pool.  Emma is the one in front.

Emma asked if she could get her ears pierced so I told her that we could do it for her birthday.  Then I realized that her birthday was in the middle of swim lessons so I told her she had to wait until they were over.  Lessons ended on a Tuesday so Wednesday night I took Emma in to Claire's to get her ears pierced.  Emma got nervous when the lady was getting everything out and was not so sure she wanted to go through with it but she got the first one done.  After the first one she did not want to do the second but I told her she did not have a choice.  Once she was able to see the earrings in her ears she was all smiles.

No comments: