Thursday, March 4, 2010

A quiet Weekend

With everything that has been going on the last month with getting ready and then having the Birthday parties it was really nice just to have a quiet weekend at home. Drew had to work so for the most part it was just Emma and I which I really do not mind.

Emma has become such a monkey and she loves to climb on everything. I guess this is a good thing but she is not afraid to jump off of things which causes some problems. Last week at the babysitter Emma climbed up on her couch and then jumped on the babysitter while she was holding a cup of coffee. Thankfully the coffee was not really hot so nobody got hurt. Then last night she climbed up on one of the chairs in the computer room and tried to jump over to me. The problem was that I was trying to do something on the computer and did not realize until the last minute what she was doing. I was able to catch her right before she hit her head on the desk.

We purchased a backpack for Emma that you can attach a leash to so that she can have a little bit more freedom but will not be able to run away when we take her to the Children's Museum or to the Zoo. Thankfully she really likes it and does not have any problems wearing it. For now she is a little small and the straps are as tights as they go but that just means she can wear it for some time before she outgrows it. I really like the fact that it can hold quite a bit so we can use it for her diaper bag if we are just going to be gone for a short time.



Sunday after Emma got up from her nap I woke Drew up and we went to the Children's Museum for a couple of hours but other then that not much has been going on around our house.

First Carousel Ride

Emma really liked this display. I'm not sure how much you can make out but it has a bunch of pool balls in it and there are wheels and levers on the outside of the box that the kids have to use to get the balls around the course. Also they have to put the balls back in when the balls are finished with the course and the whole thing begins again.


Another maze to play with. Emma's hand eye coordination is great and she was able to get the balls in the holes without any problem.

Putting pieces on the wall. The wall was magnetic and the pieces have a magnet on back so that they would stay.


The children's Museum adds and removes different exhibits every couple of months it seams. If you want to see what is going on now here is the website: http://www.childrensmuseum.org/. Please feel free to come join us for a day. I'm sure the rest of the kids would enjoy it as much as Emma does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds fantastic. She's looking great!