For the last 4 or so months Emma has been able to go on the potty and more and more lately she has been telling us that she has to go potty and does go when we take her. This happened a couple of weeks ago when we were out to eat but I did not have her travel seat with us and she refused to sit on the big potty. Ended up making a mess all over the floor. Needless to say I put the travel seat in her diaper bag when we got home that day.
Anyway I decided to go ahead and start potty training her so this weekend we spend our time inside working on that. I bought Emma some cloth training underwear because I have had so many people tell me not to use the pull ups.
Saturday I let her go bare butt around the house just so she would not think that the training pants were the same as a diaper and while she had some accidents over all she did really well telling us when she had to go. Thankfully she went 1 and 2 on the potty and all of the accidents were 1 so they were pretty easy to clean up. We really did not even need to use a timer to make sure she went every so often.
Sunday I started introducing her to the training underwear and she continued to do really well with them but still has several accidents. Emma definitely let us know when she had an accident because she did not like being wet.
This morning Emma woke up at 3am went potty and went back to sleep. This happened again at 4am and when she woke up at 5am Drew decided to just start the day, last night was Drew's night off). I took her to the babysitter in her training underwear and I'm very nervous on how she is doing. She has never actually gone on the potty at the babysitter before so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she is doing okay.
Hopefully from now on we will only use diapers for nap time and bed time and eventually not even then. Anyway just figured I would share what we were doing this weekend.
Christmas with the Sander's
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment