Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Good Surprises

I received two very good surprises this weekend.

A couple of weeks ago Drew said something about wanting to go out just the two of us sometime. Little did I know that he had already started planing a night out for us. Drew was being really secretive and even tried to get my coworkers to convince me that I needed to get dressed up for work on Friday and stay quite a bit later then I normally would. My coworkers told him that they could not come up with anything to get me to dress up and stay late. On Friday Linda came up to babysit Emma and Drew took me out to eat at Beef and Boards (Dinner Theatre). They had a great dinner buffet and the show was a comedic take on Camelot. It really was a very nice surprise and something that both of us would like to do a little more often.

Linda had brought one of her niece's along because she had been begging Linda to come and see Emma. Alli is 4 years old and just adores Emma. She still has not quite gotten the fact that Emma is growing up and can do a lot of things for herself but otherwise they had a good time together. We took the girls to the Zoo for a little bit on Saturday morning and then Linda and Alli headed back home.

Sunday I received another very nice surprise when Barbara called and asked if it was okay if they came up for a visit. I was wanting to see Kaden and have just not been able to find the time to get down there so I was really happy that they were able to come up. We had a very nice time visiting with Barbara and the kids while Wes went to pick up a piece of gym equipment. The kids played pretty nice together and Emma really did not make a whole lot of Kaden. We tried to get a picture of her holding Kaden but that did not go very well. After an early supper they headed back to Louisville.

I have a few pictures for the weekend but forgot to grab the camera this morning so I will try and add them later.

On the down side we have started to have a lot of trouble with Emma and potty training. She knows when she has to go but is not holding it long enough for us to get her to the bathroom. She has been having a lot of accidents every day which is getting pretty frustrating for us and the babysitter. One of my coworkers told me that she has heard that it is harder to potty train in the winter because when a kid is cold they have more trouble holding it. I'm not sure how true that is but I really hope that we can get her back on track before long.

No comments: