Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Camping, Anniversary, and Monkey

Two weekends ago Mom and Dad pulled the camper up to Spring Mill for us and Drew and I spend the weekend in the camper while Emma went back home with mom and dad. We both would have liked to spend a little bit more time away from the house but with others on vacation at both our work places it just was not possible. We did have a good time at Spring mill though. Mom and dad had a really good time with Emma and she did great for them. The only problem they had was that she would not drink her milk which is kind of weird because she normally loves milk.

The reason behind our little get away was to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary which was June 17. It is kind of hard to believe that we have been married for 5 years and together for 11 1/2 years. We will do a better job of celebrating in October when we go to Gatlinberg and Emma stays with Vince and Linda.

This last weekend Drew had to work so Emma was my big helper =). Sunday she helped me clean the bathroom and while we were in there decided that she needed to brush her teeth. Her toothbrush was at the back of the sink so she took her stool over the the sink and then proceded to climb the cabinet until she could get to her toothbrush. Not much in our house is out of her reach if she really wants it.

Emma gave me a surprise on Saturday night when I put her to bed. Anytime I put her to bed we say our prayers.
-Now I lay me down to sleep
-I pray the lord my soul to keep
-If I die before I wake
-I pray the lord my soul to take
Normally she just repeats what I say but when I asked her on Saturday she actually said all but the last line all on her own without any prompting from me. Sunday she said it on her own again and in place of the last line she said "and now you lay me down to sleep". Normally once we say the pray she goes to bed. It was just really cute.

Here are a couple of other cute pictures of Emma.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I love it when Ciara chimes in on her prayers!