Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Daycare update

Not a whole lot has been going on around our house lately. Emma is still doing really well not sucking on her thumb. I think I have seen her suck on it once since I had put the thumb ick stuff on.

Emma had been going to the new babysitter for a month now and she has settled in really well. The timing of finding a new sitter was kind of a pain but so far we are loving her new daycare. Let me count the ways:

1. The new daycare is within easy walking distance of our house.
2. This daycare has more kids for her to play with. Majority are girls
3. Lindsey (Provider) is teaching the kids all kinds of safety things(911, stop drop and roll, and fire drills)
4. Not a day has gone by that Emma does not come home with some project or another that they have done.
5. Lindsey is working with Emma to get her to write her name.
6. The kids get to play on computers
7. Lindsey takes the kids on field trips and has guest speakers come in.

The timing of changing daycare was not the best but Emma is learning so many new things that I definitely have no regrets with changing daycare providers. Drew actually told me that he wished she would have been there all along.

One of Emma's 3 year pictures

1 comment:

Carla said...

Cute picture! Sounds like a fabulous sitter!!!