Saturday Dad and I put the forms in place for the pad and purchased the concrete that we were going to need. Then Sunday morning when Drew got home from work we mixed and poured the concrete foundation. Over all it worked out great and I do not think that we could have gotten it done without Mom and Dad's help.
This weekend Drew's family will be coming up to go to the race on Sunday and we are hopeful that while they are up here they can help us get the shed put together. From the reviews that I have seen it is a two person job and takes awhile to get it done. For this reason it would be next to impossible for Drew and I to get it done by ourselves and watch Emma at the same time.
Our little monkey. Emma loves to climb on everything and is fearless of getting hurt. Emma managed to get up to the top of our step stool on her own.
Dad and Drew working to finish up the concrete pad.
Emma playing in the water bucket that we were using to add water to the concrete mix. By the time that we were finished she was soaked. On the plus side it kept her entertained and she was having a blast.
Drew decided that Emma was not getting wet enough on her own so he sprayed her with the hose. I was zoomed in a little too close on Emma to get a good picture of Drew with the hose but you can see the tip of the hose and the water coming down.
Putting Emma's footprints in the concrete.
When we got done with the concrete we cut up a small watermelon and let Emma have a little slice. She did really good eating it and really liked it.


1 comment:
Ciara would have been doing the same thing. I have to water the landscaping after she goes to bed b/c otherwise she is continually trying to take the hose away from me or play in the water!
Post a Comment