Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Eating, Labor Day and Shrimp

Not a whole lot has been going on around our house lately. Drew had to work Labor Day so instead of going to Jasper to spend time with our families we stayed up here and Vince, Linda and Tony came up to visit with us.

Saturday we went to Eddy-Lynn's Shrimp Farm to watch them harvest the shrimp. The farm is about 45 minutes from our house and we figured that it would be something different to go and see. We all had a good time and the weather was great for spending time outdoors.

Then on Sunday while Drew slept the rest of us went to the Zoo for awhile and then meet up with Drew for supper. Vince, Linda and Tony left yet Sunday night so they could get some things done at home and so Tony could head back to his apartment on Monday.

Monday Emma and I spent the better part of the day hanging out together which is always nice to do. Part of me wishes that I could spend a lot more time with Emma but at the same time I'm normally ready to take her back over to the babysitter come Monday morning.

Also on Friday and Monday I was able to get some cloths shopping done so that Emma has cloths for the winter. I was having trouble finding two piece PJ sets that had feet in them for Emma. The reason I wanted 2 piece PJ with feet is because it is easier if Emma gets up in the middle of the night to go potty and because she will not keep covers on so her feet have a tendency to get cold. Thankfully I was finally able to find what I wanted at Kohl's.

Emma did great at the shrimp farm and at the Zoo. I kept her in her training pants both placed and she kept them dry the entire time we were out of the house. She has had accidents at home and at the babysitter but overall she is doing a great job with potty training.

Emma was really cute today when I dropped her off at the babysitter. Our babysitter has a teenage son and she is normally just getting him up for school when I drop Emma off. Today Emma went into the hallway leading the the bedrooms and started saying "Chris up".

Eating yogurt

Eating a nectarine. I was getting my lunch together and went to get something out of the Refrigerator and the little turkey grabbed the nectarine. She probably ate about 1/3 of it.

Emma and Drew ran to the store Saturday morning and came back with Flowers for me. Drew said Emma wanted to get me flowers.


Pictures of our Visit to the Shrimp Farm are on the post below.

1 comment:

Carla said...

It's funny to me that Emma said "Chris up" b/c Ciara says, "Daddy up" pretty much every morning and will do that to the babysitter's daughter too.