Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Corn & Fishing

This last weekend Drew's cousin Matt was having his bachelor party and since we will not be able to go to the wedding Drew wanted to go home for the party. This actually worked out great because mom and dad needed help with the garden and we were actually home to help out. In a lot of way I wish that we lived closer to Jasper so that it would be easier to help them out when they need it. With Drew's line of work that is kind of hard though.

Friday night when we got to Mom and Dad's Drew and Emma picked the blackberries while mom and I started pulling and shucking corn. Dad mowed the lawn and then helped us shuck the corn. Once Drew and Emma finished with the blackberries she decided to come over and help us shuck corn. I decided to take a picture of her helping out but it was so muggy outside that the minute that I turned the camera on the lens started to fog up. The second picture I took of her was even worse.

Saturday morning we went over to Vince and Linda's and went fishing. This was Emma's first time fishing and while she did not catch anything I think she had a good time. Drew caught a couple of bass and Linda and Tony both caught a blue gill. Thankfully Emma was not afraid of the fish at all and actually tried to hold one of them. I guess I should not be surprised since she was not afraid of the shrimp over Labor Day. We ate the fish that was caught for lunch and after Emma woke up from her nap she and I headed back over to mom and dads. Drew just stayed there and went with Vince and Tony to the bachelor party.




Barbara and the kids had come home also and Barbara helped mom and dad work on the corn some more on Saturday. When we got back to their house Emma and Aubrey had fun playing awhile while Barbara and I helped do a few more things around the house. Mom got a really cute picture of Aubrey and Emma wrestling around on Barbara's waterbed but I forgot to get a copy of it. They were really having a good old time.

No comments: