Wednesday, January 14, 2009

36 Week Appointment

I had my 36 week Dr. Appt this morning and from now on I will be going in once a week for checkups. Everything continues to check out at my appointments with nothing really exciting going on with them for now. The doctor let Drew find the baby’s heartbeat today which I thought was pretty cool. So far Drew has only missed one of the Dr. Appointments. The Dr. said that they are not going to start checking me for dilation until I’m at 38 weeks so I guess my appointment next week will be quick and painless.

As most of you know we have been taking pictures of my belly throughout the pregnancy to show how big I’m getting. When Drew took the picture for 36 weeks he looked at the picture on the camera and immediately commented on how big I was. Not very nice of him but I do have to agree. I will try to post a picture so that you can see what I’m talking about.

For better or worse it has finally snowed enough to actually amount to something today. My Dr. Appointment was at 7:30 this morning and by the time that we got out of the Appt. traffic was so backed up from wrecks that no matter what route I tried to take to get to work traffic was basically at a standstill. After trying to get to work for an hour I finally gave up and came back home. Thankfully I can work from home so I figured that it was useless dealing with traffic and taking the chance of getting in an accident.

Well that is about all I know for now. We have our child birth class this Saturday and Mom, Dad and Barbara are all planning on coming up the next weekend so we will be kept busy and I’m sure our little bundle of joy will be here before we know it.

2 comments:

Barbara and Wes said...

I'm glad things are still going well. Hopefully the weather will cooperate next weekend and we will have a good trip up to see the house and bring your car seat and stroller. Take it easy I'm glad you can work from home since it's nasty out.

AE.Schipp said...

That is so not fair! I got checked from week 36-40! You're lucky because that is the most painful part of the doctor visits. If you're like Gwen you might not get checked at all. She got checked one time at her 36 week appointment and then she had Owen before her 37 week appointment. Glad to hear things are going well with you and the baby! Hopefully you have good weather when it's time to go to the hospital to have the baby.