Friday, January 30, 2009

Baby Shower, Doctor Apt and Snow

Last Friday they had a little baby shower for me in at work. Nothing fancy but it was still very thoughtful of them. We received a few cloths, some toys, and some gift certificates. During the shower they were guessing whether the baby is a girl or boy, when the baby would be born and how much it would weigh. The count was close but more people guessed that it is going to be a girl. I do not like it but most guessed that the baby was going to come late and the weight was all over the board. Thankfully nobody guessed over 8lbs 5 oz.

Well I've made it to 38 1/2 weeks and if I have not already said it enough I'm ready for the baby to come. I'm still having trouble sleeping, have a lot of trouble with heartburn, and have started to have a little bit more trouble with swelling. Thankfully the swelling is not bad but I can definitely notice it in my hands and legs at night. I had my weekly Dr. appointment this morning and they started to check for progress. Currently I'm 3cm dilated and 60% efface. On the down side I received the results of the Group B Strep test today and it came back positive so I will have to be on antibiotics when I go into labor. The Dr said that it really was nothing to worry about and that around 40% of women test positive. I guess that means for the most part my body is ready for the baby to come. Now it is just a matter of the baby wanting to come.

I guess we got lucky here in Indy as far as the weather was concerned. We did not get any of the ice that I know a lot of people did. Instead of ice we ended up with around 12 1/2 inches of snow. The snow started around noon on Tuesday and lasted until about 10am Wednesday morning. Because of all of the snow IUPUI campus was closed on Wednesday so Drew did not have class. Drew tried to take me into work on Wednesday however the roads were so bad that we both ended up staying at home. Thankfully I had work to do so I did not have to take any vacation time. Drew went out and shoveled all of the snow off of the driveway and off of the deck out back. Here is a picture of all of the snow on the deck out back before Drew got around to shoveling it off.



It is kind of funny when we take Jessie outside right now though because the snow is so deep that she cannot get around in it. Drew put her on top of some of what he had shoveled and she was able to walk on it because it was packed down some but when she came to the end of what was packed down she just sank. Drew said the snow was taller then Jessie. I think it would have made a funny picture but I was not out there and Drew did not have the camera.

1 comment:

Carla said...

That's where I was the first time they checked me, so hopefully you won't be too long! It's VERY good that you have progressed that far, so hopefully you'll keep it up! It's a Girl! It's a Girl! It's a Girl!