Emma ended up getting a virus of some kind and started running a low grade fever Thursday. She still had the fever Friday morning so I kept her home from the babysitter and once Drew got home from work he took care of her so that I would not have to miss work. Unfortunately Drew was pretty tired so he ended up setting up the pack n play and putting Emma in it to play that way if he fell asleep she was at least in a safe environment. Friday night her temperature spiked to 101 but thankfully Tylenol did the trick for getting it back down. Saturday she was still ruining a fever and she did not want anything to do with Drew. Thankfully her fever broke Saturday night and she started to act like she was feeling a little better on Sunday. Despite the fever she was not extremely cranky Thursday, Friday or Saturday. This morning she seamed to be back to her sweet self and was smiling and laughing.
As for the walking part Emma has started to walk when you hold her hands and she is really good. Sunday she walked from our couch in the living room all the way into the kitchen. Also the babysitter has a walker that she puts Emma in and she goes everywhere in that thing. At 7 1/2 months it just does not seam like she should be walking yet but that is just another reminder that she is growing up fast. She loves to stand but is still a little too off balance to let her stand, even holding onto the couch, without someone holding on to her. I'm sure that will come soon.
So far she still does not have any teeth but hopefully they will come soon. She wants to be able to eat anything that Drew and I are eating which just does not work without teeth. I bought some of the baby puffs for her and she likes them. Also I have started trying to get her used to a sippy cup but so far she has not had much luck getting the drink out of the cup. We will just have to keep trying and she will get it eventually.
Sorry to say I do not have any pictures to post at this time but I will try to get a video of her walking and post that later this week.
Christmas with the Sander's
10 years ago


1 comment:
Glad to hear Emma is feeling better.
Adi didn't get her first tooth until the week after she turned 1. But she did really when they were coming through and very seldom woke up throughout the night. For the most part we only knew she was working on teeth because she didn't want to eat anything she really had to chew.
Post a Comment