Friday, December 11, 2009

Keeping Warm

Not much has been going on around our house the last couple of weeks. For the most part we are simply staying inside and trying to keep warm.

Drew is still doing the dealing shows so he has been working quite a bit. He said that he is not going to be doing nearly as many next year which will be nice. Emma and I did not see much of Drew last Thursday or Friday and we did not see him at all yesterday because he had to leave for his shows before I got home from work.

Emma continues to amaze us with how smart she is. Her doctor's office gives us questionnaires to fill out to make sure she continues to develop normally. One of the questions for her 10 month questionnaire was if she would poke at a crumb put in a clear container. I had never tried it before so the other day I put a puff in one of her bottles and was surprised at how quick she figured out how to get it out. Also she continues to walk all over the place holding on the the furniture and she is starting to only hold on with one hand. Who knows how long it will be before she starts walking on her own.

All bundled up for winter. Originally I was not going to buy a winter coat for Emma and just wrap her up in a cover but that was not working because she simply does not like to be covered up. The coat I bought is a 12 month coat but right now it swallows her. Emma can barely get her hands out of the sleeves and it is so long that we cannot zip it up all the way.

Emma absolutely loves playing in the water. She has started putting her head under the water and blowing bubbles. Also she likes to try to catch the water as it comes out of the faucet, and she likes putting her head under the faucet. We are intending on taking her to Holiday World next summer and I have a feeling that will be a very interesting trip.

This is my attempt at trying to get a nice picture of Emma for Christmas. I tried to get her to stand by the tree because she was really interested in it but that was not happening.

Last Saturday Drew's Aunt Betty was in Indy bowling with the Special Olympics. We went to watch her bowl for a little bit. I'm not sure how she did because we had to leave before it was all over so that Drew could go to his show that night.

Ready to go take a walk in the rain.

No comments: