Another thing that has changed in her world is that she is now getting some Vitamin D milk. Her doctor told us that we could start giving her a little bit when she turned 10 months old. I decided that I would go ahead and start using Vitamin D milk instead of breast milk for her cereal in the mornings so that she would get used to the different flavor and hopefully the transition to regular milk will be easier. Emma gave us no trouble with this transition . Another change with her milk is that I'm trying not to warm it up quite as much so that she will eventually get used to drinking it cold.
We tried to get Emma to eat with us instead of giving her baby food and she is able to eat with us but she seams to gag a lot while eating so we have decided to give her a couple more weeks at least yet. I guess she is just not quite ready to eat all solid foods yet. Hopefully once she gets her top teeth in she will do a little better. The teeth are right under the gums but don't want to pop though.
One thing that has started that I cannot say I care for is that she is getting very opinionated about what she wants and does not want and lets us know when she is not happy. She wants to be held a lot when we first get home which is kind of a pain because we are trying to get supper done. If we do not hold her when she wants to be held she throws a fit. Our babysitter has even made the comment that when the boys are there she really does not want anything to do with her unless she is hungry but when the boys are not there she just wants so much attention. The babysitter told me that she needs a sibling. I told her not quite yet.
These first 2 pictures are my attempt at getting an 11 month picture of her. Anymore it is really hard to take any pictures of Emma it seams because she is on the move so much.
I guess Emma was not quite ready to get the day started this morning. This is what she decided to do after she had finished drinking her bottle. I think she was trying to tell me that she wanted to go back to bed.


1 comment:
What a cutie!! She has grown so much. It's hard to believe she's almost a year old.
Post a Comment