Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July and Camping

Drew had to work this weekend and he was also wanting to watch the UFC fight on TV with some of his buddies so he stayed at the house while Emma and I headed down to Patoka Lake to join mom and dad camping for the weekend. I was not sure how Emma would do sleeping in the camper but she did great and we had a good time. I just wish it was not so hot.

We headed to Patoka on Saturday and stayed until Monday. Emma had a blast playing in the lake and playing outside all weekend and she was really tired by the time we left. Mom and Dads camping site was close to the front of the campgrounds and Emma was asleep before we got to the camping gatehouse. It was really nice being able to see some of the camping group and a few of the kids. Also they had a really nice fireworks display on Saturday night which thankfully did not wake Emma up.

Now we are back to the grind of working. Tonight is Emma's first swim class and they go for the next 3 weeks. I will try to get some pictures to post at one point in time.

Bed time Arrangements

Eating a powdered Donut for breakfast

Mom and the girls.

April trying to read a book to Emma and Kate. I'm not sure how much actual reading was done.

Emma decided to play in part of a tunnel that mom had brought along

2 comments:

Carla said...

Emma looks so tall in the powdered donut picture! Was good to see you guys!

Carla said...

Oh, and after talking to dad...you forgot to mention the little friend who came to visit!!! Thankfully it just ran off into the woods and didn't "grace you with it's presence".