Monday, February 14, 2011

2 Year Checkup

Emma had her two year checkup Friday morning. Drew worked this weekend so he had off Thursday night Friday morning therefore he took Emma to her doctor's appt instead of me having to take off of work. Before Emma's appt they went to Cracker Barrel to eat breakfast and after her appointment he took her into work to show her off to some of his coworkers. It was the day shift but they still know who she is because Drew just loves his baby girl. Anyway Emma did really good at her appt and only fussed for the shots (big surprise there). She currently weights 24lbs 4 oz and they measured her at 35 1/2 inches tall. The doctor told Drew that she is at the very bottom of the scale for weight and the very top for height.

We really did not do a whole lot this weekend. Saturday Emma and I stayed in the house and played around. Sunday I asked Emma if she wanted to go with me to get my hair cut and she immediately dragged one of our dinning room chairs into the kitchen. Jolisa, her babysitter, cuts the boys hair and she always does it in the kitchen and the couple of times that I have cut Drew's hair with her around it has been in the kitchen so that is what she associates with hair cuts. Anyway I took Emma with me and got my hair cut. She did really well while I was getting my hair cut and after I was done she climbed into the chair and wanted hers cut as well. The hair dresser was kind enough to pretend to cut Emma's hair.

Sunday night we went to visit my uncle Butch (Andy) in the hospital. He had to come up to St. Vincent's Hospital to have bypass surgery on Friday. Thankfully everything went really well and they were able to do a somewhat less invasive procedure. We could tell that he was still in pain and that he has definitely still using the pain medicine. Hopefully he will be able to get out the middle of this week.

This weekend we will be heading to Jasper for my cousin Dana Sander's wedding.

No comments: