Monday, March 7, 2011

Our Baby is Growing up

Not much has been going on around our house the last couple of weeks which is why I did not post anything last week.

Emma had a couple more firsts this weekend.

Saturday Emma told me that she wanted me to put her hair up and it is finally long enough to actually do something with it. I asked her if she wanted pig tails and she said yes so I put her hair up in pig tails. It looked so cute but she did not leave them in for very long. Long enough to show daddy and take a picture then she pulled them back out.

About the middle of last week Emma told Drew that she wanted to sleep in her toddler bed so we told her that she could this weekend. After that she had kind of forgotten about it until yesterday. She wanted to take her nap in her toddler bed so we moved the bed into her room and she took a 3 hour nap in it. I asked her if she wanted to slept in her toddler bed from now on instead of her crib and she told me yes so I took her crib out of her room. She did really good and sleep all night in her toddler bed.

Also yesterday I asked Emma what she wanted for Supper and she told me that she wanted hot dogs. From there I let her plan out the rest of supper and she helped me make it. We ended up with hot dogs, noodles, and corn on the cob. Then she set the table and told Drew that supper was almost ready. All things that I normally do.


It really is hard to believe how fast our baby is growing up. She really is no longer a baby but a little girl. Currently Emma is potty trained though she still does have accidents every once in awhile and does not last through naps or overnight. She drinks like a fish it seams and has a fit when we try to limit what she gets at night. Beyond that she can count to 10 by herself, knows some of her ABC's, quite a few colors, and the major body parts. She also thinks that she should be able to pick out her own cloths and she no longer likes taking a bath, she wants to take showers.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Sounds a lot like Ciara. Emma may be doing fine at nap and night time soon, or she may be a long time! Ciara has been potty trained for a year, but we've only been consistently dry at nap time for about 6-8 wks now and she still HAS to wear a diaper at bed time. I'd say she gets that from Matt, as his mom says he wet during the night for a very long time!