Well Emma is now 2 weeks old and according to the doctor she is doing great. I took her in for her 2 week appointment yesterday and she is now 21 inches long and weighs 8lbs 2.5oz. At her 1 week appointment she was back up to 7lbs 2 oz so in a week she had gained a pound and grown an inch. She has been on a pretty good schedule of eating every 3 to 3 ½ hours however the last couple of days her eating habits have been pretty messed up. She will go for 4 hours one time and only a 1 ½ the next. Hopefully this is just a little growth spurt and she will go back a regular scheduled before long. I will be the first to admit that breastfeeding her is very difficult and there have been many times where I have been ready to call it quits but for now at least I’m sticking with it and hopefully things will continue to get easier.
For the most part Emma has been a really good baby and has been a relatively laid back little girl. The last couple of days she has wanted to be held when she is awake and lets us know she is unhappy when we put her down. Drew and I have not been able to just let her cry yet so she is getting held quite a bit. She has started to get her days and nights figured out and has also started to actually look at us when we talk to her. It is pretty cool seeing all of the little changes that are going on. Drew and I made it through last week without any outside help in taking care of her and we were doing pretty good with taking turns putting her back to sleep after I finished feeding her at night and then Drew ended up getting sick over the weekend. He was running a fever and when he finally went to the Dr. they told him he has a bacterial sinus infection among other things. Because he was not feeling well and did not want to get Emma or I sick I was on my own taking care of her this weekend. Thankfully he is starting to get better and can hopefully start helping me with her a little more. There is no way I could do it without him around.
Not much else is going on around here and that includes the housework. Right now I can definitely say that I’m not ready to go back to work yet. It seems that there are so many things that need to be done around the house and I do not have close to enough time to do them all. We are lucky to be keeping up with the basics. On a positive note however I do believe that we have a babysitter picked out for when it is time for me to go back to work. Now all I need to do is call her back and confirm that she still has an opening and is willing to take Emma. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow.
No pictures for now. I will try to post some later.
Christmas with the Sander's
10 years ago


1 comment:
Things will get easier very soon! I'm pretty sure in the book "BabyWise" they say they go through a growth spurt around 2 wks. Christa could likely tell you better since she has my copy. It's a great book and I highly recommend it! Glad all is well. Take care! Your announcements are cute!
Post a Comment