Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back to work

Well I made it through the first week back at work and Emma did really well for the babysitter. She peed on her Monday but other than that she behaved herself. Thankfully the end of the month is slow for me at work so I’m getting the chance to ease back into things. Everyone seems very happy to have me back at work and I have started to cross train on a few new responsibilities that I will be taking on. Right before I left work we lost our HR person and one of the people in accounting. They have decided not to replace them for now and so I’m being trained in to help out some in the Accounting department. Since my degree is actually in accounting it will give me a chance to actually do something that I went to school for. Thankfully I think that we found a really good babysitter so I really did not have too much anxiety about leaving Emma there all day. I dropped her off in the morning and everyday but Thursday Drew picked her up when he was finished with classes for the day.

For anyone that is wondering Drew’s classes are going pretty good. They are actually in the labs now which he seems to like a lot even though he is still very ready to be done. He only has till the beginning of July then he will be done. Last week he was at the VA hospital and before he left on Friday they actually gave him an application and told him to apply when he was done with school. They have some people getting ready to retire so they will have some positions open. At least it is a place to start as far as looking for a job.

Thankfully Emma started sleeping through the night on Sunday which has made going back to work a lot easier. Unfortunately she has started to spit up a lot in the mornings when I feed her this week. I’m not sure exactly why but I think that she is simply eating too much to quick and giving herself a tummy ach. The reason why I think this is because normally it takes her around 10-15 minutes to eat and in the mornings she was eating and full in around 5 minutes. I have tried to stop her after a couple of minutes but that did not seem to help. Hopefully it is just a phase and she will stop before too long. Right now we are going through a lot of cloths and purp cloths.

Friday night I noticed that Emma’s nose was a little stopped up and it has not really gotten better these last couple of days. Unfortunately she has not been feeling very well so she is a little fussier then usual and she has not been eating as well because of it. She has not been running a fever so hopefully it is nothing major and will clear up quickly otherwise I will have to take her to the doctor. I feel bad that there is nothing I can do to make her feel any better.

2 comments:

Carla said...

I think baby's sense when there's someone new around that they are going to be around a lot. They tend to initiate them! Ciara did the same thing to our sitter and to my sister-in-law!

Barbara and Wes said...

I'm glad your first week went well. Once you get into a routien it will help.
Do you have a humidifyer in Emma's room? When Aubrey's stuffy it seems to help a lot to have one on her. I have hers right next to her bed. I hope she feels better soon I now how much it stinks not to be able to help them when they feel bad.