FIRST BOTTLE On Monday night Drew and I decided that it was time for Emma to get her first bottle. She had no problems excepting the bottle and ended up eating 3ozs. I was afraid she may have eaten to much but she did not get a belly ache and did not spit much up so I would assume that is about what she is eating when I feed her normally.

FIRST REAL BATH Today I decided that Emma needed a bath and since her belly button is now healed up I went ahead and gave her an actual bath vs just wiping her down with the wash cloth. She really seamed to enjoy the bath and did not cry at all until I was drying her off. I think she was just getting cold because once I had her dressed and wrapped up she was perfectly happy again. The first picture is of her belly button now that it is healed and the second is of bath time.


FIRST NIGHT OUT I have not really been away from Emma at all since she was born. Drew took her out for a car ride one night when she would not settle down and was gone for about a half hour but besides that I have not been away from her at all. Drew's parents are going to be coming up to visit this weekend and are going to babysit for us so that we can go out to eat. Not that I do not trust Vince and Linda to take good care of Emma while we are out but it will still be hard to leave her even for a couple of hours. At the same time it will be nice to spend some time where it is just Drew and I again. I guess I have to get used to being away from Emma anyway. Only a couple more weeks and I will have to go back to work.


3 comments:
I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you guys! It does seem strange the first time you leave your baby with someone else because you get so used to them being with you all the time. Have fun on your "date"!
I'm glad your getting into a routien. Congrats to Drew for making it this far I hope he enjoys his clinicals.
We took the clothes and things for Emma and the salve for Jessie's ears over to Vince and Linda's last night for them to give to you this weekend. You two are doing a great job with Emma. Enjoy your date night and visit with Vince and Linda. Love ya!
Post a Comment