Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Trip to Jasper on our own

Drew had to work this weekend so I decided to make the trip to Jasper without him. Dad's side of the family was having a get together and since they do not get together very often I wanted to go home and visit. Also show off my little girl since some of dad's family have never gotten to meet Emma before. We left our house at 7a.m. Saturday morning and thankfully Emma slept until right as we got into Jasper. The party was Saturday night so I spent the day with Mom and Dad and they had plenty of time to play with Emma. It was really nice being able to see Dad's family and the food was good so I'm glad that I decided to take the trip home. Emma seamed to have a really good time playing with the other kids and she even got to play on the playground some which she really seamed to like.






Barbara had also come home for the party so Emma and Aubrey had a chance to play together. They did really well for the most part but Aubrey kept trying to take everything away from Emma. I guess Barbara will have to work on sharing with her =). Both girls are growing up so quick and we do not get to see each other as much as we would like so it is nice to get together and let them play.






The trip home from Jasper was not quite as peaceful as the trip down. Emma slept for the first hour of the trip and then woke up. We were maybe 15 minutes from Bloomington when she started to cry and scream and then I ended up getting behind some cars that were going 10 under the speed limit so it took us about 20 - 30 minutes before I could stop and get her out of the car seat. I played with her a little bit and gave her the rest of the baby food since she had fallen asleep while drinking her milk and did not get the baby food then. It was not long after we got back on the road that she started to fuss again but thankfully I was able to find something that she liked playing with. Later in the trip she fell back asleep and slept until we got home. Unfortunately that night she did not want to go to sleep though.

Well not much is planed for this week or weekend which will be nice. Hope everyone has a happy Halloween.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I just love the last picture where it looks like the girls are kissing!