Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cousin Time

Mom and dad watched Aubrey and Kaden while Babara and Wes went to Key West.  Since I'm not working I figured that I would take the kids down and let them spend some time with their cousins.  I think that Emma and Aubrey were pretty much attached at the hip the entire time.

We headed down on Wednesday morning and Dad, the kids and I meet up with Tina at McDonald's for lunch. After lunch the kids played in the play area for awhile before heading back to mom and dad's for nap time. 


Then it was off to the shelter house for some fishing and playing in the sand.  The kids lost interest in fishing pretty quickly but they had fun playing in the water and sand.

Thursday it was a picnic at Jaycees Park followed by bowling at night.  We also stopped by Tina's house so that Aubrey could make sure that Zues was okay.  She was worried about him.
 This was Emma's first time bowling.  She did a pretty good job and enjoyed herself which is what really matters.

 Thank god for the bumpers otherwise I would have done horrible.

Friday it was cold and windy outside so we stayed in the house and played and then took Aubrey and Kaden to meet up with their other Grandma and Grandpa to spend some time with them.  It was kind of funny because the girls were talking nonstop on the drive and Kaden kept telling them to be quite. We meet them at Cracker Barrel and ate there before heading back to mom and dads.   
                  The kids decided that the crib would be a good place to play.  At one point in time I had Freddy in the crib and he started to fuss.  I was in the middle of something so I asked the girls to go in and keep him entertained.  The next thing I knew he was screaming bloody murder and when I went in to check on him the girls were in the crib with him.
 Craft Time


Saturday Mom, Emma and I went to a few yard sales and Emma helped dad plant some flowers outside before we headed back home.  At one of the yard sales Emma found a pair of skates for at grandma and grandpa's house. 

Overall the kids all had a great time and they played really well together.  I'm glad that they were able to spend more then a couple of hours playing together and we will have to try and do it again sometime.

No comments: